Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Qila-e-Kuhna Masjid - the mosque of the Old Fort

as I told you in yesterdays post
 the mosque was the best thing in Purana Quila...
built in 1541 by Sher Sha
Qila-e-Kuhna Masjid means "the mosque of the old fort"


I couldn't get a picture of the whole front because it was closed of due to reconstruction
so you'll have to do with this entrance....the big one....


the decorations include stone inlay, red and yellow sandstone, 
white and black marble, stone carving and tile work....



as always the carvings are just amazing....the craftsmanship in the old days impress me a lot
mixing black and white marble is gorgeous


Kathy on the go with her camera....




the prayer hall is 51 by 15 meters and 16.5 meters in height !



smart solutions back in the days....

I'm considering doing a "top ten things to do in Dehli"
what do you think ? does it sound interesting ?
guess I need to think about that....
we'll see
by by for now



2 comments:

  1. I will miss being on the go with my camera, with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss it already Kathy.....trying to get back into "normal working life" will take a while....
    hugs from Sweden

    ReplyDelete