Monday, July 28, 2014

home grown veggies are the best

it's the best feeling ever to be able to  pick my own homegrown vegetables for dinner...
in my own backyard...


yesterday I wanted some squash, beans and some tomatoes...



I also have some cocktail tomatoes...that's what I picked...but these BIG ones are coming along fine..
I'm not sure they will be done while I'm here though....
the kids will have to eat tomatoes for a month or so...so many of them...


the squash just keep coming...think I've picked about 15 from these two small ?! plants....


the Jerusalem artichokes are also doing fine....but these will be harvested by the kids in october...
makes the best soup ever...


looks ok doesn't it ?
I made a potato salad with the veggies and herbs, feta cheese and some rocket leaves....
turned out just fine...if you ask me...
I also made some jars of


 black currant jelly
for once it turned out great....don't need to recook it this year !!!
I know...I'm not the best cook...
somehow it gets eaten anyhow !

have a wonderful day and hopefully I'll see you later on 




No comments:

Post a Comment