Friday, May 9, 2014

Sadhu - an Indian holy man

the other day I showed my friend Kathy one of the many temples I have visited....
it's a really colourful one in sector 21 here in Gurgaon...can't seem to figure out the name of it though...


this temple always seem to have some sadhus, indien holy men, staying there....




we interrupted his reading but he didn't seem to mind..


earthly possessions !! everybody seems to have a phone today...even a sadhu...




sadhus - indian ascetics....in the hindu tradition sadhus are ascetics who follow a path of penance and austerity to attain enlightenment...many sadhus imitate the mythological life of Shiva, the greatest of all ascetics...


this smiling guy was just so sweat....


just look at that smile and the hairdo ! 
people are fascinating...well, at least I think so...

for the last 24 hours I have been trying to get this post posted...internet is playing the biggest prank on me...I just can't get anything done....and it's driving me nuts...
hopefully everything will be working again....soon....
working with pictures isn't always easy....
so it's friday again...weeks do go by fast don't they....
I wish you all a really cozy friday












No comments:

Post a Comment