Saturday, May 31, 2014

Marsvinsholms castle

my little go cart and I are cruising the countryside every day...
the go cart is of course my mini cooper...
it's such a fun little car...
today my mini took me to Marsvinsholms castle ....
but first we drove by Marsvinsholms church...


almost out in nowhere this huge church stands.....it's actually the biggest one in the district of Skåne...
I have never been inside !


from the church the castle looks beautiful .....can you see that the sceptre in the right tower is crooked...


the castle was builtin 1644-1648....but a huge restoration was done in 1856....originally it was built on 4 poles in a lake !


some of the buildings are used as art galleries...and they have a theatre production in the park every summer....


ponds and chestnut trees....gorgeous surroundings...the domains are huge and so green...


look at that beautiful old wall.....


wonderful old stable buildings....
I need to check out whats showing in the galleries....and maybe try to get some tickets for the theatre?
my mini drove me home...time for some coffee...


and Mr M found the camera !!


the laburnum tree is just lovely at the moment...don't you agree ?




No comments:

Post a Comment