Friday, April 25, 2014

The necklace girl and the paan man

Janpath market is an explosion in colours and people....vendors "on your back" or "in your face".... trying to sell you everything.....
tree cobras,bags,necklaces,scarves,tablecloths,clothes,shoes,umbrellas etc.....
you name it they've got it, almost....
it can be really tiring because it's so "on" the whole time.....
the other day I, we noticed this girl selling bead necklaces for 10 rupees....
well, it's kind of hard not to notice when they follow you around...




even though I didn't need a necklace I did buy one from her and I think my friend Kathy bought a couple...
a little up ahead I saw a leaf man...


he was preparing paan... betel leaves filled areca nut and/or with cured tobacco




he's adding chunnam, "slaked lime" paste to bind the leaves....
I forgot to ask how much a leaf cos ? curious since this is how he makes his living.....
I'm still not curious to try this stimulating and psychoactive prepared leaf though....
I'll stick to my daiquiris....
as usual I'm off to the pool for my morning workout....
it is such a good way to start the day...
what kind of workout are you doing today dear reader ?





No comments:

Post a Comment