Thursday, April 10, 2014

Rajasthan women in the rural areas of Gurgaon

 on my last two little trips out into the rural areas I have encountered the most beautiful women and men from Rajasthan....but todays post is all about two of the women I met....on two different occasions but living in the same camp.....families from Rajasthan who have come her to work in the "brick making world" to make a living for their families.....they live in big camps with their tractors.....
I saw their camp and I especially saw this lady in pink .....
she was so shy and her little kid was so scared of me ....



she had all the jewellery ....and also tattoos...on her arms but also in her face....first time that I actually saw these tattoos....it was on her cheeks, forehead  and her jaw.....when she smiled at me I also noticed that she had jewellery on all her teeth.....



wish I could have stayed and talked about the tattoos and the jewellery but big language barrier even though my drive did his best...


the same stones you see in her white bangles was on her teeth...


"beauty among the beasts"
 yesterday when I was out and about again with my friend Kathy we drove by the camp but didn't want to intrude into the camp, we saw this lady doing the laundry just outside the camp....



I don't think I will ever see a more beautiful women doing the laundry....just look at her clothes and her jewellery from head to toes...it sure beats shorts and a tank top don't you think ?



biggest silver bangles I have seen so far...


you should have seen her skills....not using the hands just the feet.....it looked so easy....somehow doing laundry looked more fun this way....


me and Kathy both said that it's amazing what we see and experience every day......
and it is so refreshing to go out into the countryside....

today is THE election day here in the state of Haryana....a couple (many) of million Indians go to vote....hopefully.... we haven't been able to buy a beer or any liquor since monday just because of the election...they haven't served any alcohol at the hotels or restaurants either !
big thing and I guess with more than a  billion people ! voting it will take some time....
I wonder what happens ? who will win ? will it make any difference ?
well I don't have any answers today so....
have a lovely thursday everyone







No comments:

Post a Comment