Saturday, April 5, 2014

Finally I got to go on the rickshaw tour of Old Delhi

The other day I finally got to go on my first bike rickshaw tour of Old Delhi...Chandni Chowk....
I'm so grateful that Camilla wanted to show me and also tag along.....since I took so many pictures at the different spots I really need to split it up....into maybe three parts or so....
anyhow...
we started of at the parking spot by Red Fort


some of the drivers do speak english and that's the ones we use....


the tour takes you along the magnificent Red Fort...


just outside our first stop....nimbu pani anyone....
the stop was at the sikh temple...Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib...


before entering everyone has to take their shoes off, cover the hair, wash their hands and their feet...


the sikhs never cut the hair, always wears the dagger and also wears a bangle(silver one i think)


inside the temple itself....the roof was magnificent....mirrors and art work...


it's hard work to pray.....



outside I saw this sikh and he was kind of cool ,don't you think


they have a huge kitchen where they prepare sweets that you get when leaving the temple...



it's made out of ghee,milk...


they also make lunch for many many people each day ....here bread are rolled....anyone can join and help out...


this guy also made bread....first the dough and then he put it in the funny machine....


and out came the flat breads.....there is actually one bread coming out if you look closely....


this lady grilled the bread....must be hot having your feet so close to the heat...


she turned those breads so fast.....I guess she does a few every day..


the onion and spice cutters....I guess they are used to working with all this onion ...I would cry my eyes out....


and some of the food trays....it's a free meal so I guess they serve a lot every day....
amazing just to see the efficiency in the kitchen...I was really impressed...

outside our rickshaw guy was waiting so off we went again...
to the spice market...be sure to check my next post if you are curious about that...
see ya'



1 comment: