Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Colourful temple with colourful pilgrims in Gurgaon

I wanted to see a really colourful temple so I asked my driver if he knew any in Gurgaon....he did indeed....


sometimes when I see a temple with colours like this on the outside it's just plain and not really colourful on the inside....


I found out that the pilgrims do live at this temple...


they really welcomed me in.... I hesitated a little because almost all of them where half naked !


when I saw this Nandi I realised where I was....I had seen this before....in Marianne van Loo's and Cara Louwman's book about Gurgaon....


I just had to get this picture even though it's in the book...


then I saw Hanuman in all his glory .....the colours really drew me in so this temple sure didn't disappoint me colour wise....


yes I have seen part of him in the book too....


this one....but I think he has been painted recently..don't you agree Marianne ?


too bad I couldn't walk up there...they had closed it...guess they where redoing parts of it...


this huge tiger had a mouth that you could walk into....a guy asked me if I wanted to walk inside to place my offerings....he placed his inside the nostrils....I wonder if that means something special?


I looked through a window and saw these wonderful cows in the back yard...


while I was taking my pictures more pilgrims joined.....
I think I need to come back and look at it again to see if they have redone it all...
it's already a warm day here in Gurgaon....I'm sitting here writing with the AC on even though it's only 8 in the morning....I'm off on an adventure so I better go and put some sunscreen on and then I'm off ! see you ....

No comments:

Post a Comment