Monday, March 31, 2014

Exploring the neighbourhood around the baoli

I'm so happy to have found a friend that, like me likes to explore....so when we visited the ugrasen ki baoli, the step well right in the heart of Delhi we decided to have a look around the corner....
really happy that we did....


wonderful flowers hiding the old wall.....


I saw this little home and fell in love with the colours on the walls 


the typical indian bed in front.....





I haven't seen a tree growing like this before...


look at those roots in the wall...


then we saw all this laundry hanging to dry....


 we both said it must be an area where they do laundry....




hands on the wall to welcome the bride into the household ? or is it to please the gods ?






we did see a lady working....


had to get a picture of her among the sheets and towels...


innovation....smart ha? at this point we started talking about "wonder where they actually do the washing "?


we should have peeked inside one of the doors further down the street .....


because when I contacted a friend of mine to ask where the laundry place I know she visited was....
guess what she said....behind the baoli....by that time we where already in the car and on our way to another spot....
I guess we just have to go back Kathy ! 












No comments:

Post a Comment