Saturday, March 1, 2014

Amber Fort ....

The citadel was established in 1592 by Man Singh 1 on the remains of an old 11th century fort,
but the various buildings added by Jai Singh 1 (1621-67) are what constitute its magnificent centrepiece..
Amber Fort offers a panoramic view of Maota Lake..guess I have to show that picture again...




the elephant ride takes you into a huge courtyard, Jaleb Chowk...where yu also buy your ticket for the entrance into the fort..(watch out for fake bills, especially the 500 rupee bills..seems many tourists gets fake back....) 


since we where early, not so many tourists yet.. lots of  Hanuman langurs where out....the shadows are kind of cool...two people taking pictures and then the langur checking them out....


the little one..close up...what a cutie..he did a dance just in front of me and came really close...he was so curious of my camera...or he wanted to demonstrate what a big scary guy he was !!


see the sun coming through the pillars in Diwan-i-Aam...I so like this one !


the magnificent Ganesh Pol a three storied gateway built in 1640 is the entrance to three pleasure palaces...


beautifully decorated roof inside the Ganesh Pol...at these palaces you have got to lift your eyes and look up...there are decorations everywhere...


Sheesh Mahal,(one of the pleasure palaces) it was embedded with mirrors and semi precious stones , 
amazing...


inside Sheesh Mahal a flame of a single candle reflected in the  tiny mirrors embedded in this chamber transforms it into a starlit sky...you aren't aloud inside so I just stuck my camera in and got some shots of the wonderful inlays...I do wish I could see that candle lite up the whole room...



the Aram Bagh,the pleasure garden...




I guess they where so used to tourists asking them to pose...but I like the natural ones better....but she is beautiful..


so many beautiful views in this old fort...



and huge gateway...look at those huge wooden doors...the modern contra the old really stands out....I'm glad they have these signs though because otherwise people (like me) would get lost inside...



I leaned down and peeked through the little entrance in the huge door and ...
saw these goats climbing on the outside wall...



out on the courtyard again I couldn't help myself when I saw this langur on the "balcony"...and what a
balcony...


it's like the Chinese wall all around this fort so I guess it's the Amber wall...


Amber Fort when the sky had cleared up...Impressive and beautiful....but the best part was the elephant ride ! 
so where did we go next..curious? hope so...
see you later













No comments:

Post a Comment