Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Shopping with the experts at Indian crafts in Okhla

the experts being my swedish friends....the house wifes of Delhi...why haven't they thought about making a TV serie about that....sounds quite intriguing, The Swedish house wifes of Delhi !
imagine what a good travel guide that would be...what to do,where to shop,what to eat,etc...ok back to reality...
todays shopping was all about Indian crafts...HUGE warehouse with tons of wooden furnitures,wall hangings,lamps,brassware,ironware,glassware,old colonial furniture and tons of other nice things....it was dirty and dusty  but it was so much fun.....
I love to look at all these wonderful furnitures...I just have to go back....


white, black, natural and painted....I could find it all...and if I couldn't find it...they will have it made...customized...


lots of colours and patterns



hard to choose.....




love these huge old doors...I wish I had space for these....



mirror mirror on the wall...
one of the experts...thank you so much Ann for showing me all this..



wouldn't mind one of these.... .black and white... intarsia ....beautiful


I can see these standing at an entrance to a house...with a tree and some plants in it....they where almost a tall as me.. I'm not that tall but, well you get it....


me in action....this was so much fun....and I did find some treasures...
some small gifts and ....guess I'll show you what in another post....
I'm off to bed so I bid you good night...see you tomorrow !





No comments:

Post a Comment