Wednesday, February 26, 2014

In a little village I found this temple


temples are found everywhere around here....some very plain and simple and some big and delicately ornated....some with almost no colour and some very colourful..... what I've learnt so far is that the temples are destined for different gods, different deities.....


I saw it from far away and it was the colours that made me want to look closer....


this was destined for the "peacock god"....at least that's what my driver told me....
think i need to find out more about this one....
funny thing is that someone was washing their car just in front of the entrance inside on the temple grounds therefore kind of difficult to take any pictures.....felt like I was on someones private grounds...maybe I was.....



I talked to some of the villagers and they where so curious about me and where I came from and most of all what I was doing out on the countryside in this temple...



a holiday is coming up ...on friday it's Maha Shivaratri...the night of the worship of Shiva  occurs on the 14th night of the new moon during the dark half of the month of "Phalguna" february-march.....well at last here in the state of Haryana...it differs from state to state which holidays are celebrated....
that means no school and no work so we're going on a little trip....and where we are going they don't celebrate this holiday apparently....
oh, you want to know where we're off to ?
be sure to look at my next post and you'll find out
(hopefully....meaning I never know what kind of internet connection I'll have or if I will have any !)


1 comment: