Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I finally made it to Surajkund International crafts mela

today I finally got the chance to go with some friends to Surajkund International Crafts Mela in Faridabad....(about an hour from Gurgaon).... mela means bazar, market....
usually it also means colours and today was not an exception....
 so hang tight..lots of colourful pictures....
friends at school told me not to go on the weekend because then it will be crowded..


well I'm sure glad that I did follow their advise but I'm kind of confused....can you squeeze more people in there than it was today ?....


there where performances going on at different spots....unfortunately it was to crowded for me to see any of the performances that I had heard about....


this is the promised land of fabrics...






looks kind of exhausted after almost two weeks of mela...and I guess tons of performances


 would have been fun to see him with his costume on ....






so true so true


puppetry shows...


music....


wonderful craftsmanship....this guy was just beautifully done in wood....




all fun things come to an end and after a couple of hours with a constant input of impressions and bargaining it was time to go.... of course we didn't leave empty handed....our bags where filled with little treasures...actually quite big treasures for some of us.....







No comments:

Post a Comment