Sunday, January 26, 2014

Indian dances on the amphitheatre

I saw different dance performances from the state of Tamilnadu, Rajasthan and Manipur carried out on the amphitheater yesterday....for me it was a first ...
I'm a little mad at myself for not writing down what they where called ....but I think I remember two of them..correct me please, if I'm wrong....yes, I got some answers....thank you Abhi and Sunitha
so this first one is a classical dance called Bharatnatyam from Tamilnadu...





all of a sudden I saw the audience in the window.....adorable...


expressional faces....



expressions, hand movements, steps etc....lots of things to keep in mind.....
second performance was totally little different from the first one...this reminded me of gypsy dances...
this one from Rajasthan...



this dance I think is called gair goomar..starts out with one on her head and then it adds up ...


went back stage and took some pictures....





love this one....
the last performance is a classical dance from the eastern state of Manipur...





it looked like she floated onto the stage...with subtle moves and a skirt that was like a barrel...think this is manipuri dance ....



fantastic to see these different dances....you see dear reader, dance is an important subject in school here in India....it's a mandatory subject up to 10th grade ....so we do have our own dance teacher at Kunskapsskolan...

Have a fantastic Republic day 
and don't forget to move around a little bit....dance,walk or run for instance..
release those endorphins that makes you feel good !

















No comments:

Post a Comment