Sunday, December 8, 2013

Second sunday of advent in the House of Susanna.

I can't believe that it's already the second sunday of advent…time just fly by when you are having fun….or when you have a lot of things to do….today we've just had a lazy sunday at home…we did work out and then I started preparing for making


saffron macrons with orange buttercream…oh so good….and I made oh so many….first time I did these with saffron….so fun to try and make new ones…I only wish I had a food scale,weighing machine…when you make macrons it's really important that you weigh the ingredients…otherwise they turn out a little "weird"…. anyhow mine almost turned out the way they should….


 then I also made lucia buns-saffron buns….again yummy….made them small because they are for a special occasion this week…I need plenty of them….so after an afternoon with all this baking our house smells so wonderfully saffrony…it really smells like christmas again…


today it was only Mr M and I who lit the candles…of course we had to taste the macrons and the buns. I can tell you that the taste of orange goes well with saffron, as if you didn't know....today we didn't heat up the glögg though….we made hot chocolate with rum instead…


we also decorated the christmas tree…since my mother left yesterday morning we did a little decorating before she left…just so that we all can get into the christmas spirit…I don't think my mother has a christmas tree at home so…it turned out just fine don't you think ? I made the star in the top…one of my D.I.Y projects….if you're interested in how to make them I'll show you…also if anyone wants to make the saffron macrons please let me know and I'll post the recipe.
Hope you all have a wonderful second sunday of advent.



No comments:

Post a Comment