Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Kunskapsskolan back home....






Most of you who read the link yesterday haven't seen any other Kunskapsskola, but I sure have. I have been a part of it ever since Mats, my husband started the first one in Ystad in 2002. I can really say that I have been a part of it because all of my, our, three children have gone to Kunskapsskolan Ystad. They have had fantastic years at the school with wonderful teachers who always seem to give their all. Together with the rest of the staff of course. 
My, our "kids" are 24, 22 and 21 years old today and they have all worked as substitute teachers at Kunskapskolan. Astrid at Kunskapsskolan Trelleborg and Kunskapsskolan Ystad, Anton at Kunskapsskolan Ystad and Kunskapsskolan Lund and Axel at Kunskapsskolan Lund.
Not bad ha ? I think they enjoyed their time at Kunskapsskolan...?
Kunskapsskolan Ystad will always have a special place in my heart so that's why I wanted you to see some of it at least.....want to see more...I suggest you book a trip to Sweden and visit Ystad. 
It's a beautiful little town almost as south as you can get in Sweden.

Anyhow....a little fact about Kunskapsskolan in Ystad.... it's in one of the old stables from the military regiment that was once there( starting in 1897 ). So the building is really not new...it just had a total make over...but they kept some of the old things...like the rings where you tied up the horses and also most of the wood work ( like all the old beams )
a fun fact is that my great grand father on my dads side was actually a soldier at horse (?) here...I have a picture of him at horse outside the same stable !!
The whole regiment area is renovated and nowadays there's no military at all in town. So all the old buildings are being used as apartments, schools and for companies and so ....


recognise the reception and the floor....???


school band playing on stage in the cafeteria 


upstairs...you can see computer work stations, small group rooms to the left and the bigger rooms to the right....

Hope all of you teachers and staff at Kunskapskolan Ystad had a nice vacation and you really should come and visit India....meaning Gurgaon and Kunskapskolan !

ooops I almost forgot....the pictures I used from the web and Im not sure who to give credit ......
 last one....wintertime .....lots of snow....









No comments:

Post a Comment