Saturday, June 1, 2013

Home sweet Home

We're home in good old Sweden and I've spent the day outside cleaning up...scrubbing the deck..taking out all the outdoor furniture...

this is what I stepped out into this morning...one part of our garden that has an ally of birches and lots of lilacs...almost in bloom and they smell so good.






When I look out over the neighbours garden I can see the ocean in between the trees..


Today it was the herring festival in our little harbour...a band was playing music, they where selling raffle tickets and you could win  pickled herring, smoked eel and smoked herring. Yes I won a little jar of pickled herring in mustard sauce. Typical for the festival is a sandwich with grilled herring on dark bread topped with leek and salt.... it is and was yummie !






No comments:

Post a Comment