Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bees that rock

While I was working out in the pool today they closed off some of the area around the pool.
Why? Well, there was an invasion of Rock Bees. They where hanging all over one of the huge hotel windows and I tell you it was almost covered. So the reason for closing off the area was so that the "terminator" guys could come in and of course they didn´t want any of the guests getting stung by the bees.


Rock bees usually nest on the thick limbs of tall trees or on building structures !
Rock bees are the largest honey bee species in the world. Yes I could tell by the size of that huge collection of bees today. Nearly half of Indian honey production is coming from rock bees.


Rock bees on a coconut tree. 
( I didn´t have my camera, too bad, therefor pictures from the web)

I hope they are gone by tomorrow ! I do like honey but I want it in a jar !




No comments:

Post a Comment